Tuesday 1 January 2008

A reason to smile...

I feel a reason to smile
although everything around me seems so mild
That doesn't faze me
I independently contemplate on what stands ahead of me

I hope to fill my days engaged with peace and nature
and take some time to endure... some comfort
Detaching myself from corruption
from peoples thoughts and assumptions

I no longer engulf the worlds sorrows
today I'll live for myself, until it passes to tomorrow
and I'll be searching to find the pleasure of subtle breeze
bringing the coolness to my eye's

I'm overwhelmed by how clearly I see now
that path ahead of me gives me every reason to smile...

By Hana Aji

© 2008 Nasirah bint Loukman

2 comments:

Glimpses of Insight said...

There’s a dictum, which says that ‘the sun, at rising and setting, is visibly radiant with its ruddy complexion…likewise one has to be cheerful at all times. We, in fact, with a sum total of perceptivity and emotions, represent ourselves by thoughts and actions…and we become the way we think.

I presume, the poet is trying to express herself by being optimistic, remaining aloof from corruption…! Indeed a spirited living, with virtues, brings coolness to eyes, comfort to heart, radiance to mind.

An inspiring poem, which compelled me to express my views.

Br. Abdul Jawad

Nasirah bint Loukman said...

I am glad you appreciate the poem.

Your analysis is very much appreciated. Jazaka Allah khair for your contribution.