Sunday 13 January 2008

Not for me

This world is not for me
I’m sure of it
I’m too sensitive you see
To handle it
My skin is like jelly
Pierced by fierce words
Tears spring to my eyes
Over the smallest curse-
Conversation I mean.
Although for you, its just a sting of pain
Tempting hate, it fluctuates
I stay analysing, considering
What it must mean
Or I lock off the world
And try to be unseen

You see, this world is not for me
I can’t take the mental hatred
Or even worse, the physically tortured
But this would be ok
If that was all I had to say
But it’s also the little attempts of spite
The darkness that blocks out the light

So you see, this world is not for me
I can’t handle it
I don’t understand it
So I’ll leave it for you to take hold
To mould
I’m going back to sleep
To return to my own world
Until I’m called upon
By my Lord.


© 2008 Nasirah Bint Loukman

1 comment:

Glimpses of Insight said...

Verily, this ‘world’ in its whole sense is “Daarul Imtihaan” (i.e. Abode of Ordeals)…and when we tread on the path of perseverance, we gain more tolerance…call it ‘resistance power’…yea…sometimes ‘sensitivity’ causes our eyes to wet, but when we still remain bold, then that’s our ‘sensibility’

Br. Abdul Jawad